Amazon Associates Programme Overview
How does the Amazon Associates Programme work?
Amazon Associates Programme provides a unique way for your website or blog to link to millions of products on Amazon choosing from huge selection of categories – books, digital music and movies, apparel, beauty, grocery, electronics, car & motorbike, sports, and many more.
Apply now to join Amazon Associates Programme, build affiliate links to Amazon, make your first sale and earn up to 10% advertising fees for the sales you generate. Indeed, the Associates Programme is an easy and efficient way to earn money by advertising Amazon products & offers on your website.
Learn more about:
Do you have a question before joining the programme? Contact us.
(*) Harris Interactive Poll USA Summary Report, February 2013
Registration process:It's easy and free to join. Get up and running today:
1) Apply for the Associates Programme. Before applying make sure your website meets the following criteria:
2) We will review your application. There is no third-party advertiser approval needed.
3) You will receive a confirmation email once you are accepted in the programme.
Building LinksIt's easy to build Amazon affiliate links to earn advertising fees. When you add these links to your web page, and visitors to your page click on them, you earn up to 10% of all purchases made during their shopping session. Amazon Associates helps you build affiliate links with a range of tools:
Text and Product LinksLink to a specific product on Amazon and show information about that product. The Product Links tool lets you build customized Text Links, Text and Image links, and Image only links to Amazon products. Your links will include your Associate tag and you will be paid for qualifying sales coming through this link.
Start building your text links
Example product link (text and image):
BannersLink to Amazon categories or special promotions (e.g. Black Friday, Christmas Gifts) using our Banners. Many standard banner sizes and shapes are available, including mobile friendly banners (320x50 pixels). Select your banners
Example banner for Amazon Homepage:
WidgetsMake a slideshow of your favorite products, show your Wish List or promote your favorite products. Widgets are easily configurable features for your web page that allow your visitors to see Amazon content without leaving your website or blog. Handpick your favorite Amazon products, showcase bestsellers or allow us to auto-select products that are relevant to your readers. Select your widget
Example mobile-optimised search widget:
Product Advertising APIThe Product Advertising API provides programmatic access to Amazon’s product selection and discovery functionality so that developers like you can advertise Amazon products to monetize your website. More information and sign-up
Reporting & Payments
ReportingWe provide easy to read reports that contain extensive data about the activity of your links to empower you to optimize your performance in the programme. This information includes details on your traffic, revenue, earnings, conversion rates, and link types. Up to date reports ensure you have the information you need to maximize the earning potential of your site. Here are some key reports:
PaymentsYou can choose to be paid by direct deposit, Amazon.co.uk gift certificate, or cheque. Payments are made monthly if your balance meets a minimum threshold. If applicable, we must have your tax information on file before making payments.
Q1: When will I be paid?
A1: We pay you advertising fees on a monthly basis. Approximately 60 days after the end of each month. For example: Payment for January is made in late March.
Q2: What payment methods are available?
A2: We will either send you a cheque (only to non-UK residents), send you an Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate or deposit your fees directly into your bank account.
Q3: What happens to my advertising fees if they do not meet the minimum payment threshold?
A3: If we owe you less than 25 GBP (if you're being paid by direct deposit or gift certificate) or less than 50 GBP (if you're being paid by cheque), your fees will be rolled into the next month's total.
Q4: How do I view my payment history?
A4: Your payment history is located in Account Settings and shows advertising fees earned, any adjustments to your account, and payments disbursed. You can also use Earnings Reports to see the details of items you've referred over any time period you select.
Standard Advertising Fee Structure
Amazon UK Site Standard Advertising Fee Rates
In addition, notwithstanding the advertising fee rates described on this page or anything to the contrary contained in the Operating Agreement, if we determine you are primarily promoting free Kindle eBooks (i.e., eBooks for which the customer purchase price is £0.00), YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO EARN ANY ADVERTISING FEES DURING ANY MONTH IN WHICH YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
(a) 10,000 or more free Kindle eBooks are ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links; and
(b) At least 80% of all Kindle eBooks ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links are free Kindle eBooks.
Tips & Tricks
Tips on how to link to Amazon - and start monetising your website:(1) Associates Site Stripe: The quickest and easiest way to link to any page on Amazon is to use your Associates Site Stripe. The Site Stripe will appear at the top of every page you visit on Amazon if you are logged in to Amazon using your same Amazon account as you use for Associates. To build a link to a page with the Site Stripe, simply go to the page you want on Amazon and click the 'Link to this Page' button on the Site Stripe. It's that simple. Learn more
To create a link without Stripe Stripe, enter one or more keywords in the search box and Go. You can conduct an all-product search or search within a particular product line. Alternatively, if you have it, you may enter the product's ASIN or ISBN.
(2) Your Associate ID: Don’t forget to include your Associate ID in all your STORE_ID in all of your links. We can only monitor traffic and sales from your links to Amazon.co.uk if you've included your associate STORE_ID in the HTML code. It is important that the ID is not changed and appears in your code in lowercase with no spaces.
To add your Associate ID to an Amazon URL, please follow the simple steps below:
If the Amazon link already has a question mark ("?") within the URL, you can add "/&tag=StoreID-21".
Or if the link does NOT have a "?" within the link, add "/?tag=StoreID-21" to a Amazon.co.uk.
Remember to put remove the quote signs and substitute “StoreID-21" with your own Associate ID.
Once you've created your links to Amazon.co.uk, we'll be happy to check them for you if you wish. Please enter them in our Link Checker here.
(3) Content updates: Recent, updated content attracts visitors again and again. Make sure you keep your web site content up to date - this is important if you want your visitors to keep coming back to your site. If you are featuring specific titles or items, it will help greatly if you make sure that your listings stay current. The list of bestselling items can change rapidly, so visit the Amazon.co.uk site frequently to see what items we are featuring on our homepages and what titles are selling well. If you want to feature items of particular genres, the Amazon.co.uk site can help you discover those best-sellers as well. Why not add new content to your site on a weekly or monthly basis?
Learn more on our Articles & Tutorials page.
(4) Cross-merchandise: If your Web site is about gardening and you're highlighting gardening books, why not also promote garden tools and how-to videos? If it's on cooking, you might offer a range of cookbooks, kitchen appliances, utensils, and even food items. Try to be creative when presenting products, and offer a variety of items that match your visitors' interests. Our category and keyword links make it easy for you to do this. Note that, on many product detail pages on Amazon.co.uk, there is a section entitled "Customers who bought this item also bought...," and we have found such cross-merchandising very effective.
(5) Integrating with the Amazon Platform: Associate tools within the Building Links section are helpful if you want to build Amazon links quickly and easily. But if you would like to integrate our features and content more deeply into your Web site, you may want to try the Amazon.co.uk Web Services (AWS) programme. To download the free Amazon Web Services software developer's kit from Amazon.com, go to: http://www.amazon.com/webservices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: I have more than one Web site. How do I enroll all of them in your programme?A1: Unless we have provided our written consent in advance, your participation in the Programme is limited to one Programme account per category. If you are unsure about this please Contact us.
Q2: What is impression reporting?A2: For certain link types, we count an impression whenever one of your Amazon links is viewed. We report on the number of impressions your Amazon links receive by link type in the Link-Type Report. You can use this data to understand which links are the most effective in generating traffic and determine which links you can use to maximize your earnings.
Q3: How do I build a link to a specific item on Amazon.co.uk?A3: We offer a variety of link types in our Building Links section, including those that can link to specific pages at Amazon.co.uk. Text Links allow you to direct your visitors to specific information and promotional features.
Q4: How to identify products with high potential?A4: The new Orders Report combines information about orders, clicks, and conversion to make it easier for you to identify products that are top performers, products that are not as successful, and additional products you might want to promote.
Q5: How do I increase my Advertising Fees?A5: The amount of traffic you drive to your Web site has a direct effect on the number of sales you generate, and therefore on the advertising fees you earn. See our new Articles & Tutorials section featuring in-depth documents designed to give practical help on how to get your website noticed above the surplus of other sites online and better monetize it. Make sure you visit this section regularly as we will continue to publish new set of articles & tutorials.
Q6: How do I optimize my website?A6: Visit our new Articles & Tutorials section which is full of examples, analysis, tips, tricks and guidelines based on real-world experiences on how to increase your traffic. By exploring the recommended resources you'll find there, you can improve your merchandising and increase your earnings.
We hope this information was helpful. If you need any additional help or support to get started with the Amazon Associates Programme please check our Help section, the Articles & Tutorials section or Contact us.